1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Revamp + Reset

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkBoomba, Sep 2, 2017.

By DarkBoomba on Sep 2, 2017 at 9:12 AM
  1. DarkBoomba

DarkBoomba Administrator
    Staff Member

Server Revamp

Hey people!
    Over the last few weeks I have been brainstorming to bring new features to DowsingRod and how to make it more succesful. As I said before, for that to happen things will have to change. In this post you will find everything that will change. Check it out sometimes as I may still alter it now and then.

Reset

First of with something that will influence you, the player, the most. Looking at our current /baltop things don't seem really normal. Most rich players still have a residue balance from ages ago. Before I made changes to jobs, voting etc. To change this all players will start of with a clean slate.
    What will be removed? I'll list that below.
    We will also reset our entire world, towns and nations included. This is necesarry to for our new custom world!

- In-game money
    - Experience points
    - Playtime ranks
    - Jobs and McMMO progression
    - Towns & Nations

Revamp

Now for the revamp, I will be changing a lot.

Skyblock

Skyblock will be removed due to it's impopularity.

Jobs
    The jobs will get removed to balance the economy

New spawn
    We will start using our new spawn built by PrinceBerley

Slimefun
    I will add slimefun to give access to many hours of optional gameplay. Slimefun gives you access to various tools, special armor and way and way more.

Voting system
    I will make big changes to the voting system. Firstly I'll add crates, by voting you will get a vote crate key. Per vote you will also get money and Rod points. These points can buy you various things, such as keys for other crates.

Ranks
    We are going back to our old ranking system. Every rank above master will be removed. But! All the perms that they gave will be gained through other ways. I will be adding custom items that you can use to buy these perms. Also, the /rankup command will be removed. Ranking up will be purely based on playtime, just like it used to be.

Admin shop
    You probably can't believe what you're reading because I have always been strongly against this, but yes, I will add an admin shop. This has been requested hundreds of times and now it will finally happen. I have not yet decided how the admin shop will work. It might become a simple GUI system to buy and sell stuff at.

Quests
    I will bring back the quests. All the quests will be handed out by NPC's at spawn, these quests will be job based.

As you see loads will change and this will take some time to prepare and finally realize it. To insure I have enough time to do this there will be no event this month. Events will be back as soon as the revamp is done. I have not set an exact date for the reset + revamp but I'll let you know on time.

Thank you for sticking with us so far, I hope to see you all in the new and improved DowsingRod.

- DarkBoomba

#1 DarkBoomba, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
?

Do you want a custom world or keep the current one. If we get a new world items will be transferable

1. New custom world

66.7%
  2. Old world

33.3%

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkBoomba, Sep 2, 2017.